3 3/4 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. ground nutmeg
1/4 t. ground cloves
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 c sugar
1 1/2 c butter, softened
6 eggs
3/4 c pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
3/4 c milk
Heat oven to 180 C. Combine flour, baking powder, spices, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Combine sugar and 1 1/2 cups butter in large bowl. Beat until creamy. Continue beating, adding eggs one at a time, until well mixed. Add pumpkin; continue beating until well mixed. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with 3/4 cup milk until well mixed. Spoon batter into greased bundt pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
For icing: (lots of options here)
The easiest option is just to sprinkle the top of the cake with powdered sugar.
But for an icing, here's another option:
Combine powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons butter and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Glaze cooled cake.
Next time I may try the cinnamon or maple icing that I use on pumpkin scones for something different.


1 comment:
I believe that picture is of the exact cake I won in my historic performance at the cake walk for kids... It was delicious indeed!
Post a Comment